You can easily pair multiple JBL speakers together by pairing the first speaker to your smartphone or other audio source and then connecting the other speakers. You need to use the JBL Portable app to connect newer speaker models.
I’m Donovan, a lifelong musician, and all-around audio enthusiast. I’ve used many different wireless speakers and have paired multiple JBL speakers together. I know through first-hand experience how to make this happen quickly.
This post will show you how to pair JBL speakers together. I’ll walk you through all the steps to make this happen quickly and provide you with some other relevant information. I aim to help you pair your speakers easily and effectively.
Let’s get started.
- Key Takeaways
- How to Pair JBL Speakers Together
- JBL Speakers Not Connecting
- Final Thoughts
- You need to connect a single JBL speaker to your audio source before you can pair it with other speakers.
- Once you have the speaker paired to your smartphone or other device, you just need to power on the other speakers and press the connect button. This will connect all of the JBL speakers you want.
- The connect button on JBL speakers looks like a sideways number 8 or two triangles touching each other.
- You can pair up to 100 JBL speakers together at a time.
How to Pair JBL Speakers Together
Pairing JBL speakers together is pretty simple and a great way to take advantage of wireless connectivity. You can easily connect multiple speakers together, and JBL makes the process very straightforward and accessible.
Believe it or not, you can connect up to 100 JBL speakers at once! I’ve never heard of or seen anyone linking that many at the same time, but the fact that it’s possible should give you a good idea of how easy it is to do.
I’ll walk you through all the steps of pairing JBL speakers together here. This process is the same whether you want to pair two speakers, 100 speakers, or any number in between.
If you have a really old JBL speaker, it might not have the same connectivity options as more modern models. But if your speaker comes with a connect button or is a newer model, you’ll be all set to connect multiple speakers easily.
The process for connecting JBL speakers is a little different based on which speaker model you have. But I’ll walk you through every step for each to make things simple and straightforward.
Follow these steps to pair JBL speakers together using Connect+:
1. The first step is to connect the first JBL speaker you want to use to your audio source. Turn the speaker on and press the Bluetooth button. Then choose the speaker from your device as the audio source.
The exact way to pair a Bluetooth device can vary, depending on what phone or other source you have. But they are all pretty simple, so I won’t include those instructions in-depth here.
2. Play music or audio from your smartphone or other device connected to the speaker.
3. Turn on any other JBL speakers you have that you want to connect.
4. Press the connect button on these speakers. The connect button looks like the number 8 on its side or two triangles touching one another.
5. Your speakers should now all be connected, and you can control them from your phone or other source device.
The above instructions work for these JBL speaker models: JBL Xtreme 2, JBL Pulse 3, JBL Charge 4, and JBL Boombox.
Follow these instructions to pair JBL speakers together using PartyBoost:
2. Turn the first speaker on and press the Bluetooth pairing button.
3. Connect the first speaker to your phone following the standard Bluetooth pairing directions for your specific phone model.
4. Open the JBL Portable app on your phone.
5. Turn on all of the other speakers you want to connect to.
6. All of the speakers should show up in the app, and you can decide which of them you want to connect to. Choose all of the speakers you want to be connected now. They should all show up within 30 seconds or less of turning them on.
The above instructions will work for these JBL speaker models: JBL Flip 5, JBL Pulse 4, JBL Xtreme 3, JBL Boombox 2, and JBL Charge 5.
JBL Speakers Not Connecting
If you are having trouble connecting your JBL speakers, there are a few different ways to troubleshoot the problem. You can run through all of the ideas here to attempt to fix the issue before reaching out to customer service.
First off, ensure that you have a JBL speaker that can be connected to other speakers. If you have an older speaker, it might not have the connectivity that more modern speakers have. Not every option can be connected to other speakers.
If you are certain that your JBL speaker can be connected to other speakers, the next step is to ensure your Bluetooth is activated on your phone. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to connect to any Bluetooth device.
If your Bluetooth is turned on and the speakers are still not connecting, try restarting both your phone and the speakers to see if that helps. You should also update your OS if that hasn’t been done in a while.
Keep in mind that you need to have all of the speakers within range of one another for them to connect properly. If you have a speaker set up on the other side of the house or outdoors, it might not easily pair with the other speakers.
And if your JBL speakers are newer, remember that you need to have the JBL Portable app downloaded onto your phone to get multiple speakers to connect simultaneously. Older speakers with the connect button do not require this app.
This last troubleshooting step is rare, but if you have over 100 JBL speakers you want to connect to, you won’t be able to make that happen. The JBL Portable app has a limit of 100 speakers connected at once.
Here are a few short answers to some of the most commonly asked questions related to pairing JBL speakers together.
How do I pair two JBL speakers together?
You can pair two JBL speakers together the same way you would any other number of them. You need to connect the first speaker to your audio source, such as your phone, and then turn the other speaker on and press the connect button.
Why are my JBL speakers not connecting to each other?
Your JBL speakers might not connect to each other if you don’t have one of the speakers paired to your audio, like your cell phone. You should also make sure that the speakers are within range of one another and not spread out between walls or other thick materials.
Can you connect a JBL Flip 4 and a JBL Flip 6 together?
You can connect a JBL Flip 4 and a JBL Flip 6 speaker together. The process for doing this is the same as connecting to any other JBL wireless speaker. You just need to connect one of the speakers to your audio source and then press the connect button on the other.
Can you connect 4 JBL speakers together?
You can easily connect 4 JBL speakers together. You just need to connect one of the speakers to your audio source through a Bluetooth pairing and then turn on and press the connect button on the other speakers. You can connect up to 100 JBL speakers this way.
Does JBL Flip 4 have party connect?
The JBL Flip 4 wireless speaker is equipped with Connect+ and not the PartyBoost connect feature. This means that you’ll need to press the connect button on the speaker when you want to connect it to other speakers for playback.
Connecting JBL speakers together is pretty simple, and you can take care of the task in a matter of seconds. Just make sure you are using a newer JBL speaker that has the Connect+ or PartyBoost feature, as these are the models that can be connected.
Remember that you need to connect one JBL speaker to your phone or other audio source before you can connect the other speakers. And you’ll need to download the JBL Portable app to control these connections on newer JBL speakers.
Have you ever connected multiple JBL speakers together? How many? Let me know in the comments below.